Subaccount for Children under 8?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
chrisloved

Subaccount for Children under 8?

Post by chrisloved »

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to pose this question, but I was wondering if there is a possibility of adding a function to the Gospel Library app. My son (under 8 years old) would like to access scriptures on a family tablet. I would rather not let him access my scripture account because I don't want to lose any notes or highlights or personal journal entries. I know he can't have his own 'account' until he is 8. Is there a way to add a subaccount to my own account to allow him to access the app without it accessing/affecting my own notes and highlights?
Or is there another, easier solution for allowing him access to the Gospel Library app that I'm unaware of?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Subaccount for Children under 8?

Post by sbradshaw »

You could create a "family" LDS Account that's not tied to a membership record number and use that – however, Gospel Library isn't set up to support multiple users very well. You have to sign out of your account, then sign into the family account, and remember which one you're signed into so you don't make annotations on the wrong one.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”