Why so many duplicate ordinances performed?

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
garysturn

nFS combining problems

Post by garysturn »

What we really need is a comment Icon similar to the Dispute Icon that can be attached to a name where we can leave short notes back and forth to others to read before they merge or make changes to that name. I think this ability to communicate with each other about a name in the system would really help. It would also help if the dispute Icons followed the name into the combining screens.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

Does anyone know if the policy of dumping all extracted records for templework continues, or do they actually search nFS first?
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Someone mentioned this earlier, but I didn't see it until later.

The question was where were the promised research helps and forums? Well, there's already a start and I think most know about it who have been on these forums in the last six months.

The first one is the research helps, it is the wiki.

http://wiki.familysearch.org/

That is eventually to replace the research guidance as I understand it. It's slowly beginning to take off. It eventually will contain loads of information on any given locality. Eventually multiple languages will be supported too, but that is still some time off. It's nto for specific surnames or family histories, it's for information on localities and research methodology

And about the forums, there's a Research Advice Forums site now.

http://forums.familysearchsupport.org/

That is where you ask questions about doing actual research, and I've also seen queries that have led to very good research advice being given in the responses to the queries.

The wiki has just under 3,300 registered users, and the forums have about 520 registered users now.
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

scion wrote:Does anyone know if the policy of dumping all extracted records for templework continues, or do they actually search nFS first?

Does anyone know the policy on this? No one responded to this question yet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scion wrote:Does anyone know the policy on this? No one responded to this question yet.
Unfortunately that requires someone from the inside, and they don't hang out here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”