Transferring Ancestry Membership?

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
Lyndavargas

Transferring Ancestry Membership?

Post by Lyndavargas »

Long ago I had my free Ancestry membership associated with an account with my work email instead of my home email. (Long story why there are two accounts - let's just say it was an ID10T problem. :roll:) I tried to "cancel" my free membership on Ancestry, but when I tried to associate it again from the link on Family Search, it says it is already associated with an ancestry account. Maybe it just needs an overnight run to clear out? Can anyone tell me how to transfer the free membership from one Ancestry account to another (to the Ancestry account associated with my LDS account.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Transferring Ancestry Membership?

Post by russellhltn »

Just as a guess, I'd think the answer would be to contact Ancestry and have them merge the accounts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Lyndavargas

Re: Transferring Ancestry Membership?

Post by Lyndavargas »

I called Ancestry and the rep only suggested inviting each of the accounts to be an “Editor” on the other. She said they can’t merge them. :? Thanks, though!

Return to “Family History”