sealing to parents

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
bhbarton

sealing to parents

Post by bhbarton »

HOw do I help a patron, prepare acard to be sealed to her parents who are deceased.
Can she print the temple ordinance card from the Family History center
drepouille

Re: sealing to parents

Post by drepouille »

You could call the temple office to be sure. When I wanted to be sealed to my parents, I had to provide a family group record showing my relationship to my parents. You may also want to ask the temple office if the patron needs a limited-use recommend for sealing to parents. If you don't want to call your temple office, you can call Family History Support.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
1ardnas1

Post by 1ardnas1 »

Instructions for Printing Deceased parents to deceased daughter!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1ardnas1 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:24 pm Instructions for Printing Deceased parents to deceased daughter!
Locate the two individuals in FamilySearch and submit to have the ordinances done. When everyone is deceased, it's pretty simple.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
basarte14

Post by basarte14 »

what if your family is sealed but you didn't want to?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

basarte14 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:34 am what if your family is sealed but you didn't want to?
The sealing ordinances include many blessings, not just connecting spouses to each other and parents and children. Please counsel with your bishop, stake president, or member of the temple presidency.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

basarte14 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:34 am what if your family is sealed but you didn't want to?
You can also read section 38.4 in the General Handbook, which discusses this practical aspect of eternal sealings. Bishops should be able to help members understand how their unique circumstances are each covered by a loving Heavenly Father's plan for eternal blessings, even in complicated family situations.

Return to “Family History”