Unnecessary Signon Request by Family Search

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
ashers007

Unnecessary Signon Request by Family Search

Post by ashers007 »

Hello There,

I use Ancestral Quest, a sophisticated family history program, and choose therein Family Search as my main online access site. All worked well until recently when AQ had to offer an upgrade to cope with FS problems. It has not got better. When I choose FS access from my AQ application when I am highlighting a specific ancestor (say Joe Bloggs) I should quickly get details of all FS records for Joe Bloggs. Instead, I am asked for 'a single sign-on' although I have my FS account details built-in to AQ. LDS is being unnecessarily difficult when it should be making things easier for family researchers. AQ was created by the developers of PAF so it is extraordinary that LDS should be blundering with Family Search.

Please help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unnecessary Signon Request by Family Search

Post by russellhltn »

You'll need to talk to the maker of Ancestral Quest on why his product isn't able to pass along the login details.

This forum is user-to-user support. There is no one who can make any changes to the LDS Account/Family Search side.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”