Photo Submissions

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
hudson4866

Re: Photo Submissions

Post by hudson4866 »

mythicaldragon wrote:r of photos from a remote cemetery in West Central UT. I was planning to submit them to billiongraves project, but found I couldn't since I didn't take the photos with the billiongraves photo app. I met someone who works for lds.org and she said that family history also takes gravestone pictures. Where would I submit the records of these people? I would hate for technology to get in the way of these people being found by their descendants.
Hi Mythicaldragon,
Yes you can upload photos to BillionGraves that are NOT taken with a smart phone. BillionGraves prefers that the photos come from the app to gather the GPS locations; however you can still upload those photos to BG using the Supporting records feature. They explain how to upload your own photos as well as other documents in their blog article: http://blog.billiongraves.com/2014/02/s ... ngrecords/
These records are also connected to FamilySearch, MyHeritage, Findmypast, and many others so more genealogists working with a variety of programs benefit from the photos.

Hudson | BillionGraves

Return to “Family History”