sealing deceased unmarried couples?

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
bballrob

Re:

Post by bballrob »

comeseeus wrote:A girlfriend was killed in her youth. Her boyfriend eventually married after 14 years of grief in the Temple. Can he be sealed to her after he dies? Or if his wife passed away first, can he be sealed to his girlfriend?
I do not believe so. While there are some policies that allow for 7nmarried people to be sealed similar to what is mentioned in the OP, I have also seen some specific wording somewhere that talks about NOT sealing people simply because they were boyfriend/girlfriend and one of them met an untimely death.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Re:

Post by lajackson »

bballrob wrote:I have also seen some specific wording somewhere
If you go back to the post by aebrown in this topic (Feb 6, 2016), there is a link to the official answer. You need to be signed in to FamilySearch to see the article.
tkhoppell

Re: sealing deceased unmarried couples?

Post by tkhoppell »

Can I seal my unmarried deceased daughter to an unmarried deceased man?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: sealing deceased unmarried couples?

Post by russellhltn »

tkhoppell wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:58 pm Can I seal my unmarried deceased daughter to an unmarried deceased man?
You did not say what their relationship was.

Please read Policy on sealing a deceased couple that were never married nor ever lived together. You'll have to be logged into FamilySearch to see it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”