Designating the Stake Indexing Director

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
rssatterfield

Designating the Stake Indexing Director

Post by rssatterfield »

I am the stake clerk in a YSA stake. Our former stake indexing director has gone back to his home stake, and we need to designate the newly called director. How is this accomplished? Do we use MLS? We never assigned the former director to the stake indexing director calling in MLS, but he still had access to the admin tab in FamilySearch. Neither the former director nor the new director are comfortable with technology. They are requesting help with this transition and the new director would like continued support in performing his functions.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Designating the Stake Indexing Director

Post by aebrown »

rssatterfield wrote:I am the stake clerk in a YSA stake. Our former stake indexing director has gone back to his home stake, and we need to designate the newly called director. How is this accomplished? Do we use MLS? We never assigned the former director to the stake indexing director calling in MLS, but he still had access to the admin tab in FamilySearch. Neither the former director nor the new director are comfortable with technology. They are requesting help with this transition and the new director would like continued support in performing his functions.
There are two ways a Stake Indexing Director needs to be set up, each with different effects:
  • As with all stake callings, you need to use Stake MLS to add the Stake Indexing Director to the standard calling of Stake Indexing Director. This will make sure that the new director appears in the Directory and LDS Tools and other places that members might look to see who is serving in that calling.
  • The stake clerk or the new director needs to contact FamilySearch Support, as explained at the bottom of page 4 of the Stake Indexing Director Training handout. This step is essential to give the indexing director access to the indexing administrative tools on FamilySearch .
It sounds like your previous director was set up following only the second step.

I'd also recommend that your new director review the instructions given in the help article New stake indexing director.
rssatterfield

Re: Designating the Stake Indexing Director

Post by rssatterfield »

Thank you! I've searched for these answers for two weeks off and on. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Return to “Family History”