How do I sync FamilySearch with Ancestry.com?

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
drepouille

Re: How do I sync FamilySearch with Ancestry.com?

Post by drepouille »

davebres wrote:I can't find a program or app, or a description anywhere and hope that there is such a thing. If there is not, there should be.
Have you tried AncestralQuest?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
shealyn99

Post by shealyn99 »

I am unable to link ancestry and family search today. I did it yesterday but today all I get this an error message about an unauthorized account.
It’s doing it for my husband and myself. What s wrong?

Chandra_obrien@yahoo.com
Attachments
18491E42-4CDA-4039-986E-2A6363696329.png
(126.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shealyn99 wrote:I am unable to link ancestry and family search today. I did it yesterday but today all I get this an error message about an unauthorized account.
It’s doing it for my husband and myself. What s wrong?
I tend to see that message when I try to resume a browser session rather than logging in again. You may be trying to sync while logged out of family search.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shealyn99

Post by shealyn99 »

No; that isn't it. I am at home now and even when to attempt to 'resync' from family search and login to ancestry to 'sync the accounts, I get the same error message. Something is wrong.

my original post as an attachment of waht it looks like. This message is ON THE LDS SIDE; not the ancestry side.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I didn't say it wasn't. I think you're logged out on the back end, even if the browser shows you are still logged in.

Close the browser, log back into FamilySearch and try again.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

moonman239 wrote:I just found some information on Ancestry.com that I'd like to add to my FamilySearch tree. How do I do that?
Here is a good video showing the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88eCcld9hc
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Family History”