What to do with opened excess Xerox WorkCentre 4250/4260 toners

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
jeffcrews

What to do with opened excess Xerox WorkCentre 4250/4260 toners

Post by jeffcrews »

I have stewardship for ordering supplies for the shared meeting house library copy machine the Xerox WorkCentre 4265.

Previously a person called to order replacement toners...the Staples office supply group recommended the wrong toner cartridge part numbers and Staples shipped thw wrong part what seems to be more than one occasion.

When the library needed help with getting more toner loaded into the copier...various well-meaning people tried to make these incorrect cartridges work. When one cartridge did not work, they opened another, and another and another.

Much time has passed and the incorrect cartridges never did not get returned. I have inherited this special situation.

When I called Staples to get the correct toner part they shipped the wrong cartridges to me as well...when I could not get them to work...I got them shipped back and the correct part number was shipped to us. So I do know how to get the correct supply item now.

Now I have 5 toners for the Xerox WorkCente 4250/4260 reorder number 106R01409 that will not work in our copier.
What can I do with them? Can we return them for credit to the church? If so, they were actually ordered by a different agent bishop unit...a couple of years ago...so this might be messy to record.

If I knew another nearby unit with a 4250/4260 I would happily put them in their hands. But...I do not know how to find what units have what model or if there is a way to get these returned in some other way. I do not have order numbers or other details for the order of these cartridges.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Crews
jeff@eoni.com
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: What to do with opened excess Xerox WorkCentre 4250/4260 toners

Post by lajackson »

Note that I have deleted your phone number because this is a public forum.
jeffcrews wrote:Much time has passed and the incorrect cartridges never did not get returned. I have inherited this special situation.
Since it has been so long, I doubt they can be returned. I would ask the Physical Facilities Representative (PFR -- a high councilor) to contact the FM Group and ask them if anyone has the type of printer for which your cartridges will work. The FM Group should know.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”