Wireless Coverage Solution

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
bradleywarnock

Post by bradleywarnock »

johnv wrote:Sounds exactly like an amplifier...either way, when you boost the gain - you boost the noise as well.

I'm not trying to be too cynical, but physics are physics.

In that Chapel scenario what were the before and after Tx/Rx levels and quality of link. I have seen a lot of links that look good for tests and then poop out when you hit them hard with video streams and some noise. What are you using to measure results?

Hi John, True Gain does have amplification, we have some customers that turn off the amplification in order take advantage of the receive sensitivity and other performance features. We used iPERF in these tests. We didn't take dB or SNR in this test. In another difficult environment (office/warehouse), we got average 36 dB gain over the standard AP. No connection was available in the warehouse, with True Gain we had 16MB at the front and 4MB at the back (TCP).

BTW, I know the True Gain Module defies current technology. If you order one and it doesn't work to your satisfaction, we take it back (30 day limit). Thanks

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”