Church Broadband Internet Roll Out in England

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
rbeede

Cabinet head injuries

Post by rbeede »

We've had that issue. The FM group probably contracts that work out so it costs money which they are limited in spending. There's also the possible cost of moving wires now and needing support beams in the wall at the right place.

Until someone gashes their head in and sues the Church you probably won't get nothing done. If you know a member in the stake who is a capable handyman you might convince the stake president to authorize moving it if it costs nothing.

Your other option is to get funds to buy some big rubber padding especially for the corners so nobody cuts themselves.
sphester

Post by sphester »

I'm sorry I can't and won't except that the FM side of the church will not move something that is a hazard.

I accept this is church funds possibly tithing funds mostly but I'm sorry peoples health and safety have to come first.

I will right to my area president heck the prophet it I have it it is wrong plain and simple wrong.

A side note if one of my cabling contractors did that sort of job they would have been brought back at there cost to fix no questions asked plain and simple. Why the church can't do such things is beyond my understanding. BT are rolling out the the installs to every chapel in the UK that's a sizeable contract and one assumes there has to be some quality control. Oh but wait the FM manager no doubt turned up and signed of the install I mean what planet was he on to think it was suitable? Common sense says it was not suitable and he should have instructed them to move it plain and simple. Sorry if some think this is unfair criticism of the FM dept but my dealing from start to finish have led me to this conclusion and my FM group are useless when it comes to this internet role out. So disappointing.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

Surely the easiest way around this one is to just have a local handyman move the desk away from the wall a few inches?
sphester

Post by sphester »

Moving the desk is one possibility and i have told the Bishop about this but it would have to be moved at least 6 inches out. And it would only be a botch job to fix the initial mistake.

I'll be honest I've lost all objectivity now with this calling and have actually asked to be released so it won't be my problem now. I mean why should I care about safety and ensuring the correct job is done when the FM clearly don't care about safety.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”