About Upgrade Firewall Meraki

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
mdantasf

About Upgrade Firewall Meraki

Post by mdantasf »

About replacing Cisco firewalls, the old model for Cisco Meraki (new model), does this upgrade include access points that are also Cisco-capable and manageable?

I am asking this because in the area of ​​our stake in Brazil they are replacing the firewall for the Meraki model but the access points are installing a model that is not manageable and this hinders the work of the leadership.

I wonder if the access points pattern in the General is still a world standard.

Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: About Upgrade Firewall Meraki

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know what the standard is in Brazil. In the US, the old APs were kept when the firewall was changed out, but then later, the APs were upgraded to Meraki APs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: About Upgrade Firewall Meraki

Post by bartj »

The worldwide meetinghouse standard for firewalls is the Meraki MX64 and the access point is the MR33. The previous access point standard for meetinghouses was the Cisco 1041 and 702 models. The Meraki has the same management capabilities in Technology Manager as the Cisco access points had. What features did your old access points provide that the new ones do not?

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”