Rescue mode?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
drepouille

Rescue mode?

Post by drepouille »

We have a 1704N Sagemcom DSL modem. It has a red Power light. Windstream says, "Red Router in rescue mode - Contact support."

What is rescue mode?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Biggles

Re: Rescue mode?

Post by Biggles »

Try this link which details the message you are getting.

https://blog.windstream.com/troubleshoo ... onnection/
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Right. That is exactly the page I was quoting. I still don't know what rescue mode is.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

For an Asus, it indicates that the unit has lost it's settings and/or firmware. If it's firmware, you might be able to download it, and connect a computer to it directly and reflash it.

But probably better to contact ISP support. Odds are it's their modem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I have connected my laptop directly to the DSL modem, but I can't get it to issue an IP address. My laptop just sits there with a 169.xx.xx.xx IP. So I can't even connect to the admin page of the modem to do anything with it. I even tried to press the factory reset button, but nothing. I have to ask the FM to contact the ISP.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If it follows a similar procedure as the Asus, you have to manually set a IP on your computer.

Maybe it's different in your area, but I've never had a problem calling the ISP's support line and getting help. Including swapping out a modem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I was the STS, none of the local ISPs would talk to me until I asked the FM to call the ISP and add me to the list of authorized users on the account. That amused me, because my stake directly paid the bills for several DSL accounts, and yet we weren't authorized to contact the ISP.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:That amused me, because my stake directly paid the bills for several DSL accounts, and yet we weren't authorized to contact the ISP.
Did you point that out to the ISP? While I understand the list, I'd think the ISP would make an exception for the person who pays the bills.

drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Since my name was not on the checks, not on the account, and not on the list of authorized users, I had no way to prove my identity to the ISP.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”