TM not showing 1041 access point controllers

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: TM not showing 1041 access point controllers

Post by russellhltn »

CleggGP wrote:CHQ fixed the issue that prevented Cisco APs from accessing the wireless network controllers. Now most MH APs have reestablished controller connections.
I assume you're talking about the major outage that happened over the weekend. I'm still seeing random dropouts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

That's good. I do not see that reflected on tm. All the access points are "off line"
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Tonight, TM showed the firewall off line in our stake center and a warning for another building. The stake center did lose connectivity and a power cycle did not help it. I did not physically check the other building. All of the access points in these buildings were showing with controllers not found. In our third building, the firewall showed green in TM and the two 1041s were showing normal as well as the Meraki access point.

I plan to visit with CHQ tomorrow.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

More fun. Out of 5 new firewalls, 3 show warning and 2 are offline. Then while composing this message, two of the warnings went green again. I suspect the connector from TM to the Meraki cloud is having problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Yes. I received an email from our fm group saying something similar hopefully the CHQ will be able to rectify quickly
grawlinson

Post by grawlinson »

All 3 firewalls in all theee buildings in our stake are offline. I plugged a chromebook into the isp ethernet port and it’s working fine. Looks like a major malfunction upstream.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

grawlinson wrote:All 3 firewalls in all theee buildings in our stake are offline. I plugged a chromebook into the isp ethernet port and it’s working fine. Looks like a major malfunction upstream.
But what about connectivity from the "User" zone? Is it all off-line?

grawlinson

Post by grawlinson »

Yes, no connectivity from any wired or wireless zones, and the firewalls show “offline” in TM
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

This morning two of our three buildings are fine. The stake center still shows offline. Looks like CHQ is getting closer
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

It appears to be rolling through and seems related to a capacity problem on the CHQ side. I've had my AP's and routers online and offline over the last few days. My guess is that Firewalls connect and get up and going, then after some time of inactivity (potentially there is a 'check in time' where they all appear ok but then lose it upon a re-connect some number of hours later.

We're in the middle of testing for a Webcast so we've bypassed any Meraki for now to finish testing. If it's still an issue over the weekend, everyone remember that there is NO PROBLEM bypassing the firewall to complete your webcast. It should only be using Ethernet Connections anyway, no need to have the AP's online at all.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”