Problem with internet connection due, possible, to erroneous Windows 10 upgrade

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
carloswm85

Problem with internet connection due, possible, to erroneous Windows 10 upgrade

Post by carloswm85 »

Hi, guys.

I'm a stake secretary. We have two wards working in the stake center. In both ward secretaries we have connectivity problems with super slow loadings for Church sites (like lds.org). One of the bishops told me that they have to wait from 1 1/2 to 5 minutes for a page to load. That's a lot! I don't know what can be the cause for this to happen. What I suspect is that in the last upgrade of Church PC's OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, when we upgraded both wards pcs in the wrong way, we caused this problem. We couldn't follow the Church's instructions for the upgrade since we didn't know them at the time, hence we upgraded Windows through the Microsoft system. I think that doing so provoked some problems with the antivirus used in Church's PCs (I don't remember right now the name of the antivirus), which is now giving problems in the exchange of information through internet. This is just my best guess.

What can I do? As a side note I want to add that in the stake computer we still have Windows 7, and we don't have that connectivity problem there.

Is there a way of getting a diagnosis of what is happening?

Thanks is advance.

PS. I'm from Argentina.
Charity never faileth.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Problem with internet connection due, possible, to erroneous Windows 10 upgrade

Post by russellhltn »

How is the connection for non-church sites? Is it normal?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
carsonm

Re: Problem with internet connection due, possible, to erroneous Windows 10 upgrade

Post by carsonm »

Hola,

What is the version and build of Windows 10 that you are running? You can find this in Settings: System: About You may be able to roll back to an earlier version of Windows 10 if need be. If you have not already done so, contacting the Global Service desk for more assistance may help. They may be able to connect to the computer to assist you. If you need that contact information for this group, let us know. I believe they can be reach by e-mail and or a local number for your area.

When you are using Windows 10, are you using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer (It is hidden in Program files folder.)
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

The first most basic step you should take is to identify if it is the computers or the network connection being slow. Bringing in a personal laptop, turning off your Wifi, and plugging into the network where the computers are located can help identify the problem. If the laptops are slow to open websites, it may be the network. By finding where the problem lies will greatly speed up the process of figuring out what the problem is.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”