LDS.org not working inside firewall

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.org not working inside firewall

Post by russellhltn »

sharicarnahan wrote:The only problem with the modem in bridge mode is doing diagnostics with a computer (bridge mode disables all but one port on the back of the modem) if there is a problem.
Yes, but it's better to make the modem be just a modem and not try and do other things as well. The modem was designed for home/small business folks who do have their own router.

You might also do some checking. See if the modem is being leased. If so, you might want to consider buying your own modem without all the frou-frou. I'd work with FM, since it would be their budget that gets saved. I'm fortunate in that the provided modem for our buildings is just a modem. Only one port on the back. But then I'm on TW, not Comcast.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
egridley

Re: LDS.org not working inside firewall

Post by egridley »

I have been having this problem intermittently for a few months. I have been working with ICS to troubleshoot it. I called at the beginning of April and they checked some things on their end, tried a few things, but couldn't get it working. Then, a few days later, one of the ICS employees on the connectivity team pointed me to this thread. However, by then it was working again. I checked the Comcast modem anyway and found that all 3 of those checkboxes were unchecked. Just yesterday, I noticed it wasn't working again, so I checked the Comcast modem again. All 3 checkboxes were still unchecked. However, I checked one of them, hit apply, then unchecked it and hit apply again. After doing so, lds.org started working again.

Sounds like a bug in the Comcast modem to me.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”