TM Questions Since the Upgrade to Meraki Firewalls

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
clrohm

TM Questions Since the Upgrade to Meraki Firewalls

Postby clrohm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:56 pm

I have 2 questions about TM since the upgrade.
1. When I look at the dashboard, the filter (lock icon) is open on all my routers for the stake. Since this is an audit item I would like to know when these will indicate that the internet is filtered (or not).
2. When will the usage statistics be displayed again? In the past, it has helped me troubleshoot issues.

Thanks!

Chuck Rohm

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: TM Questions Since the Upgrade to Meraki Firewalls

Postby russellhltn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:57 pm

clrohm wrote:When I look at the dashboard, the filter (lock icon) is open on all my routers for the stake. Since this is an audit item I would like to know when these will indicate that the internet is filtered (or not).

This appears to be normal. If you dig in, that's the "standard" filtering. There are two other more restrictive settings, but they're not available to us. Presumably this is a hint at future direction.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Biggles

Postby Biggles » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:32 pm

The audit question asks if you can see the white tick, or not when using filter.lds.org. If you see the tick then that signifies an audit pass for that question. The filter (lock icon) seen in TM probably has some significance to the Church Tech personnel, but not to us mere mortals. :)

weible

Postby weible » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:04 pm

My filter is not showing a check at filter.lds.org. I plan to call the global support center to get an immediate fix. Any plans to make the filter lock icon a meaningful indicator of the filter status.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”