LCR Wont Let Me Add Someone to a Calling

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
josephlarson40

LCR Wont Let Me Add Someone to a Calling

Post by josephlarson40 »

We recently called a new Temple and Family History Leader, and when trying to add her to the calling, LCR says that it can't find her name to add her. When I try to go to her name and add her to the calling that way, the calling just doesn't show up. I am still fairly new to the clerk calling so I don't know if I am missing something? Any help is appreciated.
davesudweeks

Re: LCR Wont Let Me Add Someone to a Calling

Post by davesudweeks »

The Temple and Family History Leader must be a Priesthood holder (see this post: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=33071&p=191580&hi ... er#p191580)

If your ward has called a sister, she would be a Temple and Family History Consultant.
pcox1217

Post by pcox1217 »

From Handbook 2 5.4.3: “Under the bishop’s direction, a member of the elders quorum presidency may act as the ward temple and family history leader or may supervise a Melchizedek Priesthood holder who is called to that responsibility.”

Only Melchizedek Priesthood holders can be called as Temple and Family History Leaders. That’s why LCR won’t allow you to add a sister for this calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Generally speaking, if LCR won't let you add someone to a calling, it's because they don't meet the requirements of the calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
josephlarson40

Post by josephlarson40 »

Thanks for your help everyone, we got it figured out!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”