Leader and Clerk Resources 3.0 release notes

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Leader and Clerk Resources 3.0 release notes

Post by scgallafent »

The release notes for LCR 3.0 have been posted at https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... ease-notes. For those of you still reading this message :) , this release includes many of the features you have been waiting for: home and visiting teaching and calling and organization management are included.

When these features are enabled for your unit, they switch to read-only in MLS. Rather than rehash the release notes, I'll let you read what is there and try to answer what questions I can.

There had been some discussion in the past about allowing units to choose their own migration date. That will NOT be happening. The shift from MLS to LCR will happen based on when the change is pushed from headquarters for your unit. Units that have limited Internet capability have the option to stay with MLS and not migrate to LCR. I know that there has been work going on to identify those units but don't know many details about that process.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Leader and Clerk Resources 3.0 release notes

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:For those of you still reading this message :) ,
Nice call.

Is the date at the top of the release notes an indicator of about when the change will be released?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

lajackson wrote:Is the date at the top of the release notes an indicator of about when the change will be released?
Yes, that is the current target. As always, schedules may shift, but that should be reasonably close.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Exciting! How can you keep from making this announcement in ALL CAPS? :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:When these features are enabled for your unit,
Any information about that process? Will the whole church switch over on that date, or will it be a multi-week/month roll-out?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Thank you for the special effort you're making to get out-of-unit leader functionality working, and better than MLS, with the first release. Wards with out-of-unit leaders may be a minority, but out-of-unit leader recordkeeping requires extensive effort. The current MLS system is very convoluted. As a YSA unit clerk, I can't thank you enough for that!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:Any information about that process? Will the whole church switch over on that date, or will it be a multi-week/month roll-out?
I expect everyone will be moved over by the expected release date. What happens during beta testing as the load increases will probably play into that decision.
chody75

Post by chody75 »

This is great news. I am the Assistant Secretary in my Elder's Quorum and I get asked about when this will be ready at every presidency meeting that we have. Great Work!!!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I notice this was posted on April 15th, which is the deadline for the Q1 quarterly report. That is wise, since we won't really need to count HT/VT again until June for the Q2 quarterly report.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”