LDS Account for Deceased Members

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kharoldsen

LDS Account for Deceased Members

Postby kharoldsen » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:46 pm

Hello All. I have a question about LDS account info for deceased members. I keep my journal and scripture notes in my LDS account notebook. Should something happen to me, I would want to make sure that my family has access to my notebooks. Anyone know what happens to a LDS account when a membership record is marked as deceased? My spouse knows my password, so she would still have access to the account, but I wanted to make sure that the notebooks are still accessible. I appreciated any guidance.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Account for Deceased Members

Postby russellhltn » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 pm

kharoldsen wrote:Anyone know what happens to a LDS account when a membership record is marked as deceased?

Once CHQ is notified that the member is deceased, the account is deactivated.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

eblood66

Re: LDS Account for Deceased Members

Postby eblood66 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:48 pm

One the death is recorded by the ward clerk the associated LDS Account is deactivated and can't be accessed. I haven't heard of any way to access the notes once the LDS Account has been removed. I think your best option is to regularly either print a copy of your notes to PDF or use the Download option to store them on your local system.

Return to “LDS Account”