Donation of Computer for Ward Clerk

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
Forsters

Donation of Computer for Ward Clerk

Post by Forsters »

I have a member that wants to donate a desktop that they no longer need to replace a slow / aging clerks office computer. Is it acceptable to image a donated computer with the meetinghouse clerks image and use it, or would that be breaking technology standards?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donation of Computer for Ward Clerk

Post by russellhltn »

Against Meetinghouse Technology Policy
4.6.2 MLS may not be installed on donated computers.
FM should be replacing computers as they reach 5 years of age. However, the STS should be reminding them in the 4th year so the replacement can be budgeted. Check the serial number sticker for clues as to it's build date.

What makes the computer slow isn't age as much as Sophos.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
What makes the computer slow isn't age as much as Sophos.
Couldn’t agree more!
Richmano

Post by Richmano »

Where can I login donation slips and the names of the donors in the site. Because my branch was not yet put in order so we usually send the donation slips to the stake Clerk and some times they do not met up to send to the Church quarter and the money was deposited to the church account, so it makes some pending sometimes,. Can I have a knowledge on how to feeding donations slips through my my branch on my device?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Richmano wrote:Where can I login donation slips and the names of the donors in the site. Because my branch was not yet put in order so we usually send the donation slips to the stake Clerk and some times they do not met up to send to the Church quarter and the money was deposited to the church account, so it makes some pending sometimes,. Can I have a knowledge on how to feeding donations slips through my my branch on my device?
As a clerk, you cannot enter donations online for your branch. If you have been sending the slips to the stake clerk, you will need to continue to do so. If there has been a change in the process, your stake clerk will be able to give you further instructions, but clerks cannot enter donation information at the online website. The administrative computer must be used.

Return to “Clerk Computers”