Stake Account/Password Resets

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Account/Password Resets

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:but does this regular pw change only apply to the latest Clerk computer (image) incarnation?
The Dells I installed in August of 2014 (Win7 later upgraded to Win10) didn't have it, but the Lenovos I installed in August of 2016 (Win10) did.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions from those two datapoints in a 3-variable equation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Got the password reset and the stake account fixed as well. I should call and fix the admin account this week too thuogh.

Interestingly when I logged in it ran a post install wizard and said I had to call to get the security token reset. Didn't actually have to do that, but this seems like it was a major update.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:Interestingly when I logged in it ran a post install wizard and said I had to call to get the security token reset. Didn't actually have to do that, but this seems like it was a major update.
That happened with which account? I'm wondering if the original setup wasn't complete. I've seen installs that won't complete unless you log back in using the same account you used to start the install.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

This happened when I logged in with the local unit account after I reset the password. That is the account I used to set up the computer 5 months ago, and everything as been working fine. This was all a bit strange but I think we're back to normal now so I won't worry about it.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Clerk Computers”