Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
rscroggin

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Post by rscroggin »

I have the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 installed on my home computer and especially like the changes made to the Start Menu. I was wondering if it's okay to manually upgrade to the Anniversary Edition on the stake and unit computers or will that eventually be pushed out to everyone? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Post by russellhltn »

I haven't heard anything. I'd wait. You don't want to charge ahead and suddenly find you're on your own with a compatibility problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I don't know if the Anniversary Edition will be rolled out to the unit computers, but I did notice that the option to 'defer upgrades' is ticked and greyed out. To me that implies, at the moment, that the Church isn't wanting to go down that route.
If you manually upgrade, there's always the possibility that you might break something. Some computers upgraded manually to W10, before the official Church sanction, did have problems. So I would hold fast, until we have a definitive answer.
rscroggin

Post by rscroggin »

Will do. Thanks, everyone for the quick response.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Biggles wrote:...but I did notice that the option to 'defer upgrades' is ticked and greyed out.
That's probably a system policy set by CHQ which will allow them to send us updates only after they've been approved by the development team. This is similar to how many large corporations handle updates.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”