Drivers for Optiplex 740

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
farwest

Drivers for Optiplex 740

Post by farwest »

I need the drivers for Optiplex 740. Did an new install of xp but I don't have the disc for the drivers for everything under "other devices" tried the Dell site with no luck. May have to turn the clerk office inside out to find the disc. If there is a place to download them I would appreciate it. Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Drivers for Optiplex 740

Post by russellhltn »

Dell is one of my favorite websites - just put in the service tag and you can find the drivers.

Anyway, this should get you started.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
farwest

Post by farwest »

Well I found the resource disk and got the drivers setup for the Network Adapter. In Device Manager I'm showing under Other Devices a PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller and Video Controller (VGA Compatible) all with yellow ? marks the resource disk doesn't show any drivers for these and the dell site doesn't either. Any thoughts?
bfromm

Post by bfromm »

If you would like, I can help you get the Dell 740 XP image. That way you can just re-image the computer and the drivers should all be there. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Return to “Clerk Computers”