Adding Notations to Moved Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Adding Notations to Moved Records

Post by kalnius »

My bishop asked me to find out about this.

He wanted to add a notation to a membership record which we were moving from our ward. The notation would have referenced this member's current church status. In the end all we could find that MLS would allow was to check the "contact prior bishop" box.

I'm assuming that the check box to call is all there is due to privacy issues - that is what I told the bishop. Am I right?

Thanks.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ozzy wrote:He wanted to add a notation to a membership record which we were moving from our ward. The notation would have referenced this member's current church status. In the end all we could find that MLS would allow was to check the "contact prior bishop" box.
If the member was formally Disfellowshipped, that should be on the record already (in a hard to find location). Of course if s/he was Excommunicated, there wouldn't be anything to move.

If it's anything else, I think "contact prior bishop" is all there is.
Ozzy wrote:I'm assuming that the check box to call is all there is due to privacy issues - that is what I told the bishop. Am I right?
It's as good a speculation as any.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Ozzy wrote:My bishop asked me to find out about this.

He wanted to add a notation to a membership record which we were moving from our ward. The notation would have referenced this member's current church status. In the end all we could find that MLS would allow was to check the "contact prior bishop" box.

I'm assuming that the check box to call is all there is due to privacy issues - that is what I told the bishop. Am I right?

Thanks.
You are right on.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Thanks for answering this question guys.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary

Return to “Membership Help”