Missionary not listed in Ward Missionary List

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Denzil

Missionary not listed in Ward Missionary List

Post by Denzil »

I have a Grand Daughter who has been in the mission home for three weeks. She is not listed in her Ward as a missionary in the Ward Missionary Account. The Ward clerk/Bishop says it a Salt Lake issue, Salt Lake says it a Bishop issue. I would like to donate to her mission, but I can not since she is not listed in the Ward Missionary Account. Her father has asked the Bishop to call Salt Lake, but nothing has happened. Is there some way I can donate since nothing is happening with her home ward records?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Missionary not listed in Ward Missionary List

Post by scgallafent »

The funding account is created at about the same time the mission call is issued, so she should be listed as a missionary in the online donation system before she gets to the MTC. I just verified that our ward's two missionaries who have not yet entered the MTC are listed.

The first step would be for the clerk to go to the Missionary Recommendation System and verify that his unit is the funding unit for her mission. He should see her listed in the "Entered the MTC" section of the list. If there is a link at the right side of the list that says "Other Units," he should click on that link and verify that the funding unit is his unit.

If the funding unit is not correct, the bishop or clerk needs to call the Global Service Center to have her information updated so that their ward is the funding ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If she was attending a different ward when she started her mission application, it's entirely possible that ward has been "tagged' as the funding ward.

Either way, it's something the bishop or clerk will have to fix. In the meantime, I'd suggest donating to the "Ward Missionary Fund". The clerk can transfer the funds later after the account is set up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:In the meantime, I'd suggest donating to the "Ward Missionary Fund". The clerk can transfer the funds later after the account is set up.
This will only work if the donor and the missionary are in the same ward, since there's no way to donate to the generic Ward Missionary Fund in a different ward.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:This will only work if the donor and the missionary are in the same ward, since there's no way to donate to the generic Ward Missionary Fund in a different ward.
True. It also assumes that the ward donated to will become the one that becomes financially responsible for that missionary.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

It is possible, assuming the missionary is serving in the same country as the donor, to get that missionary added to the donors ward missionary list. It will be necessary to go through GSC, via the ward clerk, to implement this. I was only made aware of this, earlier this year, for a member who wished to donate to a relative in another ward.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:
russellhltn wrote:In the meantime, I'd suggest donating to the "Ward Missionary Fund". The clerk can transfer the funds later after the account is set up.
This will only work if the donor and the missionary are in the same ward, since there's no way to donate to the generic Ward Missionary Fund in a different ward.
I haven't tested it, but "Ward Missionary Fund" is an option after you select a different ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:It is possible, assuming the missionary is serving in the same country as the donor, to get that missionary added to the donors ward missionary list. It will be necessary to go through GSC, via the ward clerk, to implement this. I was only made aware of this, earlier this year, for a member who wished to donate to a relative in another ward.
If you're talking about transferring the unit financially responsible, that is true. It doesn't have to be the same unit as the records reside in. It would be best to be a part of the ward of the primary donor.

As far as I know, it's not possible to have the missionary show up in more than one ward's financial system. I think OP simply wants to assist, but I could be wrong.

Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
Biggles wrote:It is possible, assuming the missionary is serving in the same country as the donor, to get that missionary added to the donors ward missionary list. It will be necessary to go through GSC, via the ward clerk, to implement this. I was only made aware of this, earlier this year, for a member who wished to donate to a relative in another ward.
If you're talking about transferring the unit financially responsible, that is true. It doesn't have to be the same unit as the records reside in. It would be best to be a part of the ward of the primary donor.

As far as I know, it's not possible to have the missionary show up in more than one ward's financial system. I think OP simply wants to assist, but I could be wrong.
To clear up any misunderstanding. I’m not talking about transferring the units financial responsibility, I’m talking about the missionary appearing in another wards full time Ward Missionary list. I know this is possible, because I carried this out earlier in the year in my own ward, with assistance from the GSC.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:To clear up any misunderstanding. I’m not talking about transferring the units financial responsibility, I’m talking about the missionary appearing in another wards full time Ward Missionary list.
Right. But I think we're talking apples and oranges. OP wants to donate to the account, not just see it on the ward directory.

Return to “Membership Help”