Ministering: Assistant EQ Secretary can't be assigned to be a district supervisor

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
klricks

Ministering: Assistant EQ Secretary can't be assigned to be a district supervisor

Post by klricks »

I can assign a Presidency or Secretary, but Assistant Secretary does not show in the pick-list.
Is there a reason for this or is it just an over-site?
The ministering district assignment is to be the primary duty for this person.
Can there be 2 EQ Secretaries?
Assistant Ward Clerk
eblood66

Re: Ministering: Assistant EQ Secretary can't be assigned to be a district supervisor

Post by eblood66 »

Try giving them the calling of Ministering Secretary and see if that works.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering: Assistant EQ Secretary can't be assigned to be a district supervisor

Post by russellhltn »

I'm curious as to what the role of the district supervisor is. Do they do interviews, or do they just coordinate them? The Handbook makes it pretty clear that interviews can only be done by the EQ Presidency.

The Handbook seems to imply that the secretary doesn't conduct interviews (7.3.3), but it's clear that ministering secretaries cannot do interviews. (Handbook 2: 7.3.5.1)

I doubt if you can have more than one secretary, but you certainly can have more then one EQ quorum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

In our ward, the EQ Presidency members are also the district supervisors. We have 3 districts and one EQ. It seems to be working well for them (at least as ward clerk, I'm not hearing any complaints). Our RS Presidency has organized their districts in like manner. Each organization has 1 ministering secretary.

Somewhere I'm thinking multiple ministering secretaries can be called, which could be used for coordination of communication and interview schedules for the district supervisors (if my memory is correct on the # of ministering secretaries allowed).

Edit: I just checked and you can have more than 1 Ministering Secretary.
klricks

Post by klricks »

russellhltn wrote:I'm curious as to what the role of the district supervisor is. Do they do interviews, or do they just coordinate them? The Handbook makes it pretty clear that interviews can only be done by the EQ Presidency.

The Handbook seems to imply that the secretary doesn't conduct interviews (7.3.3), but it's clear that ministering secretaries cannot do interviews. (Handbook 2: 7.3.5.1)

I doubt if you can have more than one secretary, but you certainly can have more then one EQ quorum.
The district supervisors name and contact info appears at the top of the assignment slips which are handed out to each ministering companionship.
We have 5 districts so with the EQ Presidency and Secretary each assigned a district, that leaves one district without the contact name.

I have added the assist EQ Secretary to the Ministering Secretary calling already.
Assistant Ward Clerk

Return to “Membership Help”