System keeps reporting duplicate record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
marcfromm

System keeps reporting duplicate record

Post by marcfromm »

We tried to add a new born child to a family. There was a mistake with the first entry so we deleted it from the head of household's list of family members and from the pending entry in Create Record. Now when we try to add the child with the same details the system keeps stating:
Possible Duplicate Records
Possible duplicate record(s) exist. Only continue if the record being created is for a different person.
NAME BIRTH DATE FATHER’S NAME MOTHER’S MAIDEN NAME STAKE
xxxxxxx, xxxx xxxxx 30 Mar 2019
Please review the warnings and make corrections if necessary.

We deleted the entry so what is the system doing with this ghost duplicate record and how can we add the child to the house hold? The system is stuck in a loop of duplicate record that was deleted.
drepouille

Re: System keeps reporting duplicate record

Post by drepouille »

So you removed the record from the household, but you did not delete the record. You need to group that new record to the household.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
marcfromm

Post by marcfromm »

deleted from household and only other spot it existed, in pending Create Records. Where else is it located to delete it? to my knowledge the record was never created since it was pending being created and I deleted it from pending.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Look at the Family tab for the mother and father. If the child shows up in either place then they have been entered as a child on a parent's record but do not have a membership record. If that is the case then you will get the message about the duplicate record. If that's the case then go ahead and create the record and continue past the warning about the duplicate record. After the child's record has been created then go to the mother's and father's family tab. There will now be two entries for the child. One entry will have a clickable link that will go to their membership profile. The other will not. Delete the one without the link.

Only do this if you are sure that the child does not already have a membership record. It sound's like you've confirmed that pretty well unless there is a possibility that the record was created in another ward (if for instance the blessing was performed in another ward). If that's at all possible then you should attempt to first request the child's records using Move Records In just to make sure.

If the child doesn't show up on the Family tab for either parent and isn't in another ward then you'll probably need to contact the Global Service Center and have them figure out why you're getting the warning.
marcfromm

Post by marcfromm »

The child does not appear under either parent tab. I know it wasn't created in another ward as the father and I attempted to create it after the child was blessed. Thanks
danielboenari

Post by danielboenari »

we have the same problem. We tried so many times and we fallow the steps as above but the result it always be the same. So I don't know how to correct the problem.
marcfromm

Post by marcfromm »

I was told by the "Quality Assurance Engineer, ICS" to ignore the duplicate message and just continue through. Doing so It then created the record.

Return to “Membership Help”