correcting spouse status

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
triduker

correcting spouse status

Post by triduker »

I have a recently baptized couple where the husband is listed as "self" and the wife is listed as "other". I'd like to change the status to "self" and "spouse", but haven't found a way to do this. I've already tried splitting the household and then combined them again, which didn't work. any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: correcting spouse status

Post by russellhltn »

There's a problem with the marriage. It may list the correct spouse name, but it's not linked to the record. I'd suggest submitting a "special request" so support can fix the marriage. Do NOT divorce them to fix it, as it leaves a false divorce in the history.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Re: correcting spouse status

Post by eblood66 »

Most likely their membership records are not linked together. For each of them find them Member Profile in LCR (using Membership > Member List from the menu) and click on the Family tab. If they are correctly linked then the name of the spouse will be a link that takes you to their member profile. If they are not linked then it will just be plain text and probably say that the spouse is a non-member. Either that or the marriage hasn't been recorded at all. If the later then just record the marriage. But if they aren't linked correctly then you'll need to contact the Global Service Center and ask them to correct the marriage record. There isn't any way you can do that yourself without inappropriately recording a divorce.

Return to “Membership Help”