How do I edit an ordinance

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
yhepworth

How do I edit an ordinance

Post by yhepworth »

I have a member in my stake that has a certificate of being ordained A bishop but it does not show the person who did the ordination. I do I get that on his membership record?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How do I edit an ordinance

Post by russellhltn »

From what I'm reading, only the stake can edit Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I'm not sure even the stake can edit an ordination to bishop. But it won't hurt to try. But if they don't have the edit button then they will probably need to call or email local unit support.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The clerk needs to send this to the Global Service Center and they can update it. Bishop and patriarch ordinations are stored a little differently, so they're better equipped to fix it.
jamegang

Post by jamegang »

I have a brother in our stake who has a very similar name to another. Recently his record was amended to include an ordination to elder when it should have been posted on the other brother's record. I can't find any facility to cancel or edit the ordination that was incorrectly recorded.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jamegang wrote:I have a brother in our stake who has a very similar name to another. Recently his record was amended to include an ordination to elder when it should have been posted on the other brother's record. I can't find any facility to cancel or edit the ordination that was incorrectly recorded.
I'd use the "Special request" option to explain to Church Headquarters what needs to happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jamegang wrote:I have a brother in our stake who has a very similar name to another. Recently his record was amended to include an ordination to elder when it should have been posted on the other brother's record. I can't find any facility to cancel or edit the ordination that was incorrectly recorded.
The stake clerk should have rights to edit the ordination and then on that page it has a delete button.
marshallkl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by marshallkl »

Mel. Priesthood ordinations are always the stewardship of the stake.

Return to “Membership Help”