find ex- member's record & proceedings?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cliffwoolley

find ex- member's record & proceedings?

Post by cliffwoolley »

I am a clerk in a branch in a district in a mission. How do I find the required letters and prior membership record of person excommunicated about 10 years ago? She is ready to be re-baptized.
I have searched her name and birthdate using the Move In function, but no record is found.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: find ex- member's record & proceedings?

Post by scgallafent »

Your branch president has an option in LCR to request minutes or documents. Have him look on the LCR Membership menu.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cliffwoolley wrote:I am a clerk in a branch in a district in a mission. How do I find the required letters and prior membership record of person excommunicated about 10 years ago? She is ready to be re-baptized.
I have searched her name and birthdate using the Move In function, but no record is found.
If your mission president has authorized your branch president to do so, he should request the Report of Church Disciplinary Action form pertaining to the original disciplinary council. He does this using LCR. He then follows the procedures in Handbook 1, 6.12. The mission president will do this if he has not authorized the branch president to do so.

As part of that process, after the reconvened disciplinary council is held with a favorable outcome, she will be baptized again, and that will be reported along with the Report of Church Disciplinary Action form. Handbook 1 is very specific about the process, who is able to do what, and how everything is reported to the First Presidency.

Once all that happens, Church headquarters will prepare a membership record and send it to your branch. Right now, because she was excommunicated, there is no record to be found, which is the reason you are not able to request it.
cliffwoolley

Post by cliffwoolley »

thank you so much. That is the direction I needed.

Return to “Membership Help”