New Convert Married to wrong person

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
DougieDoug

New Convert Married to wrong person

Post by DougieDoug »

We have a new baptism of a man, who is married was recently married to a member.
I didn’t record the marriage, until the mission home recorded the baptism. The order of events are as follows:
- received notification that the new member record was created.
- i went to the wife’s record to record a marriage, since her last name would be changing.
- recorded the marriage.

Her record looks good. Household info is correct, family info is correct.

When we look at the husbands record, he has an extra person in the family and household. He has 2 women with similar names, but sparkles differently. One is labeled as his wife, but is a non-member. One is the correct spelling of his wife’s name, but listed as “other”.

The mission home apparently entered the marriage information wrong. I went back to look at the yellow copy, and the name of the wife is misspelled, but it does show that she is a member; however, they did not enter her in as a member, since LCR shows the spouse as a non-member. (Interestingly enough, MLS shows the spouse as a member)

So in short:

-Mission home created the husbands record and married him to a person who doesn’t exist.
- local clerk married the wife to the correct person, and the wife’s record looks fine
-husbands record is wrong, how do I fix it without entering a divorce?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: New Convert Married to wrong person

Post by scgallafent »

It might be easiest to contact the Global Service Center and ask them to straighten it out.

Return to “Membership Help”