How to record previous priesthood ordination

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
JimRedd

How to record previous priesthood ordination

Post by JimRedd »

In February, a new convert was ordained a priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. While holding that office, he ordained another new member. Neither ordination was recorded because the branch clerk wasn't functioning. The first convert has recently been ordained an elder.

When I try to record the Aaronic priesthood ordination of the second member, I can't save it because it shows that the brother who performed the ordination was unordained on that date. I know the date and who ordained the first brother, but there is no way to record his Aaronic Priesthood ordination.

1. Can I delete the first brother's Melchizidek priesthood ordination, enter his Aaronic Priesthood ordination, then re-enter his Melchizidek Priesthood ordination?
2. or just have someone with higher level access correct this?

Elder Jim Redd
Assistant Branch Clerk
eblood66

Re: How to record previous priesthood ordination

Post by eblood66 »

Do not delete the MP ordination. You can't add it back (that has to be done by the stake) and i'm not sure if you can delete it. Even deleting it probably has to be done by the stake.

I think your best option is to contact the global service center and ask them to record the previous ordination.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to record previous priesthood ordination

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:I think your best option is to contact the global service center and ask them to record the previous ordination.
I'd suggest using the "special request" function to attach a note with the information connected to the first brother's record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”