Residential Address country miss-match

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
emmchristensen

Residential Address country miss-match

Post by emmchristensen »

I am the clerk. A member's record shows Residential Address/Country as "MEXICO" - which is correct. When the member signs on and checks Account settings/Personal Information/Country, it shows "New Zealand". Because the member's MLS and Familysearch are linked (I have checked) her Temple submission cards show her as living in New Zealand rather than Mexico. She has been told by Familysearch that only the clerk can change the country designation on her record. Because the record that I see is correct I can't find out how to change the New Zealand to Mexico. Can anyone offer help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Residential Address country miss-match

Post by russellhltn »

Just as a guess, have them log into FamilySearch, click on their name in the upper right, go to "settings". Switch to the "Contact" tab. Check the address and make sure it's formatted correctly. They can't change the country there, but they can change their address.

She might also try logging into ldsaccount.lds.org and see what country shows up there. If it's correct, then that would point to a problem in FamilySearch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”