Membership Record Error

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
keysfamily

Membership Record Error

Post by keysfamily »

I have a membership error that I was hoping you might be able to help me with.

Sister XXX has asked me several times to change her surname so that it is "XXX" instead of "YYY" I have gotten onto her profile and made necessary changes. I have even gotten on her husband's profile to double check that his surname is correctly labelled. However, even after having made these changes, the name "YYY" still appears on her Visiting Teaching companionship slips and possibly in the home teaching slips as well.

So, even though her name and her husband's name are both correctly labelled in lds.org and on ldsTools, that surname "YYY" still occasionally appears. Do you have any idea how we can fix this error? Or do you know who exactly I could contact to address this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership Record Error

Post by russellhltn »

There's about 4 places the surname appears in the membership record: Name, Preferred Name, Maiden Name and Household Name. The first three are on her membership record. The last one will affect the entire household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Re: Membership Record Error

Post by drepouille »

The Global Service Center.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Membership Help”