How do you fix an inaccurate bishop ordination?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jsmidt

How do you fix an inaccurate bishop ordination?

Post by jsmidt »

Hey everyone. I am a stake clerk and we recently had a new bishop ordained to be bishop by his father. However, and I have no idea how this is even possible, somehow the system lists the perform who performed the ordination as a member who has never been a bishop.

And unfortunately, the system will not let me edit this ordination like it will the Elder and High Priest ordinations. Does anyone know how I can fix this inaccuracy? Thanks.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: How do you fix an inaccurate bishop ordination?

Post by scgallafent »

jsmidt wrote:Hey everyone. I am a stake clerk and we recently had a new bishop ordained to be bishop by his father. However, and I have no idea how this is even possible, somehow the system lists the perform who performed the ordination as a member who has never been a bishop.

And unfortunately, the system will not let me edit this ordination like it will the Elder and High Priest ordinations. Does anyone know how I can fix this inaccuracy? Thanks.
The bishop's ordination information can be edited by editing the bishop's calling.

It is possible for someone who has never been a bishop to ordain a bishop. A stake president ordains a bishop by assignment from the First Presidency and can do so even if he has not served as a bishop. (See Handbook 2, 19.6)

Return to “Membership Help”