How Do I Delete an Invalid Family Member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
craigbates

How Do I Delete an Invalid Family Member

Post by craigbates »

I have a ward family that has an invalid family member associated with their family (verified). This has happened before and all I have had to do was delete that specific family member and it went away. This instance will not update. Every time I attempt to delete the invalid family member, it looks like it is deleting but then comes back as nothing happening and I cannot remove that invalid name for that family (their request). How do I make this happen on the records. Not trying to delete the member, just trying to delete the association to the invalid family. I do not have a record number for the invalid member and cannot look it up...gives me nothing...in a catch 22 on this.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How Do I Delete an Invalid Family Member

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like something might be a litte wonky. I'd suggest calling support and having them look it. Someone may need to fix the database directly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craigbates

Post by craigbates »

Thanks, can you give me a link or phone number for support...I am having trouble finding that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”