People search services?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
zaneclark

People search services?

Post by zaneclark »

We use Intellius, a people search service recommended by our stake to find lost souls. It costs about $20.00 per month. I have been fairly successful in finding people, but still have nothing to compare it to, so I am wondering what some of you are using and how you like the service?
drepouille

Re: People search services?

Post by drepouille »

I have been using BeenVerified for nearly two years. My subscription is Unlimited Reports - $58.98 / 6 Months.

This service was most useful during the first six months, but since then it has been less and less useful. It continually tries to up-sell me to purchase additional services, even if I select "Not Now" and "Don't show again".

It is relatively easy to track homeowners using county assessor web sites. Facebook is also pretty useful to find people, assuming they have public profiles, and update their location and relationships. However, it is extremely difficult to track renters and drifters.
Last edited by drepouille on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Re: People search services?

Post by drepouille »

Here is an interesting quotation from the online help for BeenVerified:
Your ability to locate a specific individual in our database can be dependent on a number of factors, such as the amount of information collected on that individual by various government and private agencies, and the laws regarding public information in the state where the individual resides.

This is why it is more difficult to locate a younger individual in public records searches. Individuals who have not yet signed a lease or purchased property, or may not have had utilities in their name, etc have not had as much data collected on them in public records. Similarly, those individuals who try to stay under the radar (always pay with cash, never provide their contact information, avoid subscriptions and contests etc) may also be difficult to locate, because they don't interact as much with the kinds of agencies that collect public record data.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Membership Help”