Can't Add marriage

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Vaccano

Can't Add marriage

Post by Vaccano »

I have a brother in my ward who is married, but his wife does not live in the ward.

I tried to add their marriage in the LCR and it seems to go fine. I looked up the wife and added the relevant details.

But when I hit the "Add Spouse" button, then the look up field gives the following error:

> Please update the spouse information before proceeding.

The data in that field is correct, but it is the look up field anyway. What does it need to be updated to?

I don't want to change the spouse's name, but I tried to do that anyway and it did not work (Same error).

So, for completeness, here are my steps:

1. Look up the record
2. Go to the "Family" tab
3. Click on the "Add Marriage" link
4. Select that the wife is a member of the church
5. Select that the wife is in "A different ward or branch"
6. Enter wife's name and birthdate in the look up fields
7. Wife is looked up (just text on the screen with no option to "select it")
8. Enter that I don't want to update the wife's name (the "No" option)
9. Enter a marriage date
10. Enter a marriage place
11. Enter a marriage country
12. Leave sealing date and temple unchanged (it was a civil marriage)
13. Press "Add Spouse" button

RESULT: "Member Lookup" name entry field goes red, and this text is next to it in red: "Please update the spouse information before proceeding."

As I said, I don't know what it wants. The name in that field is correct.

How can I get past this error to enter a civil marriage?

UPDATE:
I saved without entering a marriage date, place or country and it worked with warnings. I was then able to go back and add in the missing information.
gneitingm

Re: Can't Add marriage

Post by gneitingm »

I attempted to perform a very similar update for two members of our ward with the same error being reported. The update/workaround that was posted worked for us.

Return to “Membership Help”