move out of unit member to another ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kaedenmichaeljacobs

move out of unit member to another ward

Post by kaedenmichaeljacobs »

There is a sister in our ward who gave me the address of her adult daughter and asked me to find out how to move her daughter's records to her new address. However, her daughter isn't a member of our ward. Is there a specific proceeder to get the record moved, or can I just contact the new ward and ask them to move her in?
drepouille

Re: move out of unit member to another ward

Post by drepouille »

Contact the leaders of the ward the holds her membership record, and give them her correct address.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Contacting the new ward will also work and may be easier if you don't know which ward currently has her records.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Or you can send an MLS message with the daughter's information (name, birth date, membership number if you have it, and correct address) and your explanation above. They can move her records for you. I have done that several times in the past.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Yes. Just talk to your clerk.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Yes, this is possible. Either your ward clerk can move his record (only) to his new address or his new ward can request his record (only). Do not do a "family" move as that will move both of you. You will still show as married, but you will each become a "head of house" in your own ward. When you get back together, the clerk can add you to his family and it will join everything back together again. We have this situation currently where the husband is starting a new job in another location and his family will follow when school ends for the summer.

Return to “Membership Help”