Where to send old baptism certificates?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
TeranceO

Where to send old baptism certificates?

Post by TeranceO »

I have a previous bishop in our ward who came across some old baptism records that he would like to send to the families. Is there a way to see what ward the families are in now? If there isn't a way to see what ward the families are currently in, is there a certain church office he could send the records to which would then be forwarded to the families?

Thanks,
Terance
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Where to send old baptism certificates?

Post by lajackson »

TeranceO wrote:Is there a way to see what ward the families are in now?
Not unless they are in your stake. The Membership Department would have the current addresses, but I do not know if they would send on the certificates. That is where I would send them, unless they just recently moved, in which case I would send them to the new ward.
TeranceO

Re: Where to send old baptism certificates?

Post by TeranceO »

lajackson wrote:
TeranceO wrote:Is there a way to see what ward the families are in now?
Not unless they are in your stake. The Membership Department would have the current addresses, but I do not know if they would send on the certificates. That is where I would send them, unless they just recently moved, in which case I would send them to the new ward.
Sounds good. I think these records are years and years old so they are definitly not recent move outs. I'm actually thinking they were never in the ward or stake I'm currently in.

Thanks for your help. I'll pass along the information to the member with the certificates.

Return to “Membership Help”