Should members be moved to some groups automatically?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
TeranceO

Re: Should members be moved to some groups automatically?

Post by TeranceO »

Sounds great. Thanks for the help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TeranceO wrote:He is 8 and he has been baptized. He shows up in the CTR class but not in the Wolf Den.
I'm not seeing a definitive explanation as to when a boy joins the scouts. He can when he is 8, but I'm wondering if the system is designed to wait until he joins Valiant 8 to keep him with his "classmates".

Since you mentioned he's showing in CTR, then I'd guess he was 7 as of Jan 1, 2017 and he'll advance to Valiant 8 come Jan 1, 2018. I'd certainly expect him to be on the scouting role at that time. (Assuming that scouts is not a custom group.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TeranceO

Post by TeranceO »

russellhltn wrote:
TeranceO wrote:He is 8 and he has been baptized. He shows up in the CTR class but not in the Wolf Den.
I'm not seeing a definitive explanation as to when a boy joins the scouts. He can when he is 8, but I'm wondering if the system is designed to wait until he joins Valiant 8 to keep him with his "classmates".

Since you mentioned he's showing in CTR, then I'd guess he was 7 as of Jan 1, 2017 and he'll advance to Valiant 8 come Jan 1, 2018. I'd certainly expect him to be on the scouting role at that time. (Assuming that scouts is not a custom group.)
That could be the case for two of the boys but I also had a boy show up in Valiant 8 but not in any scout group either (he should be in the Bear Den). It seems most were in the right place but a few just didn't show up. I also don't know if this has been going on for a long time or just started. I just recently received the calling. :D
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not seeing a definitive explanation as to when a boy joins the scouts.
The Wolf Den organization automatically moves boys in at age 8. I've got several cub scouts in CTR 7 who are in the Wolf Den (including one who turned 8 just a few days ago) and we haven't done any manual moves.
russellhltn wrote:(Assuming that scouts is not a custom group.)
He just did a reset on the primary organization so there shouldn't be any custom groups.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I have seen occasional reports about members not being moved into Wolf Den correctly when they turn eight. I think the same thing occasionally occurs with Nursery.

For now, your best bet is to manually fix it. There is some work going on that will fix this over the long term, but that fix is quite a ways out.
samclain

Post by samclain »

I am having the exact same problem. There is no way to manually fix it because the system does not give you the option to add a member to another class. When you go to edit the Assign to Class, the Cub Scout organization does not show up as an option. I am noticing that the kids that are missing are in a class in primary that is "split".

Best Regards,
Scott
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Have you tried to go to the appropriate Cub Scout den, click on the Members tab and use the Add Member link?

Return to “Membership Help”