Recording an Adoption

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bjthompson4

Recording an Adoption

Post by bjthompson4 »

I have a family which recently adopted a son (minor), and besides assigning him to their household, I would like to know if there is any other action needed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Recording an Adoption

Post by russellhltn »

If the child has been legally adopted, then they should be added to the adoptive parent's records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mandypeterson

Post by mandypeterson »

My daughter was adopted by my husband. They changed her last name on church records, but noticed the other day they never changed her fathers name on her membership records.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mandypeterson wrote:My daughter was adopted by my husband. They changed her last name on church records, but noticed the other day they never changed her fathers name on her membership records.
The clerk can fix that. It will remove the current father.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”