Sealing to Spouse

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gfhirschi

Sealing to Spouse

Post by gfhirschi »

I have a situation where member( one ) was married and sealed to spouse. Then member ( Two ) was married and sealed
to spouse. Then each got a divorced . Then member one and member two got married and are not sealed to each other.
How do I removed that information from each individual recorded. Because I know they are not sealed to each other.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sealing to Spouse

Post by russellhltn »

Unless they have gotten a cancellation of sealing, they are still "sealed to spouse". Just not the current spouse.

I seem to remember the membership record had two fields: "sealed to spouse" and "sealed to current spouse". In this situation, the record should show "Y" "N" respectively. I'm not sure to what extent you can edit those fields. You may have to contact CHQ to get it fixed.

When talking to them, keep in mind, the sister might very well be going though the process of canceling the sealing to the prior spouse.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”