Wife shows as head of household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Wife shows as head of household

Post by rmrichesjr »

drepouille wrote:We always put sequence numbers in columns 73-80 of each card, so if you dropped the deck, it was easy to put the cards back in order.
Alternatively, you could write a sequence number across the face of the card with a piece of charcoal from the cooking fire. :-)

More seriously, my opinion is that if the Brethren believed the phrase "Head of Household" was outdated, it would have been eliminated or changed.
johnshaw

Re: Wife shows as head of household

Post by johnshaw »

rmrichesjr wrote:More seriously, my opinion is that if the Brethren believed the phrase "Head of Household" was outdated, it would have been eliminated or changed.
I think it's more likely that a decision like that isn't made by the Brethren unless someone suggests it to them. I think it more likely that this scenario hasn't ever played out than that the 'Brethren' have actively reviewed the Database schema to make recommended changes to the DBA's and the developers on how they should match records.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Membership Help”