record for children under 8 for recent convert

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rgoodman

record for children under 8 for recent convert

Post by rgoodman »

We have a recent convert with children under eight. They are shown as her children but not part of household and thus don't show up on primary rolls.
How do I get them a membership number so they can be made part of household?
eblood66

Re: record for children under 8 for recent convert

Post by eblood66 »

Most likely records have never been created for the children. But you should first make sure by trying to request their records (select Membership > Move Records In from the LCR menu) using their full names and birth dates. Assuming you don't find any records to request, you'll need to create records for them. Select Membership > Create Record to add each child. It will guide you through entering their information, linking them to their parents and adding them to the families household.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Before creating the record, read Handbook 1: 13.6.2 for the permission needed to create them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rgoodman

Post by rgoodman »

eblood66 wrote:Most likely records have never been created for the children. But you should first make sure by trying to request their records (select Membership > Move Records In from the LCR menu) using their full names and birth dates. Assuming you don't find any records to request, you'll need to create records for them. Select Membership > Create Record to add each child. It will guide you through entering their information, linking them to their parents and adding them to the families household.
Records shown as pending but no record seems to be created. How long does it take as it has been two weeks?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I think if it's on the pending list the record hasn't been completely filled out. I think you need to select Actions > Edit Pending Record and go through each screen to make sure all required information has been entered and then save the completed record. Once the process is complete I think the new record will show up almost immediately. Unfortunately, I can't test that out so I can't say for certain.

Return to “Membership Help”