merge records for different Members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gfhirschi

merge records for different Members

Post by gfhirschi »

I have a situation where I have a members record that was reinstated by headquarters for a brother that had some actions where he left the church.
Before he came back to church he married a lady in our ward. Her record shows her being married to this person and he is a non member.
Which was correct at the time for her record. She also has children from another marriage.
When his record was reinstated it does not show his divorced wife. To me that is good. It has his two children.
What steps to get these record together?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: merge records for different Members

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call Local Unit Support. I don't think there's anything you can do on your end without recording a false divorce. They need to do it on their end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gfhirschi

Re: merge records for different Members

Post by gfhirschi »

Thanks I will try that....

Return to “Membership Help”