Missionary Couple Assigned to YSAs in 3 Stakes

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
eblood66

Re: Missionary Couple Assigned to YSAs in 3 Stakes

Post by eblood66 »

wayneallengarver wrote:Is there any way this could be resolved?
In case like this, your best bet is to see if your stake president will talk to his priesthood area authority to make the request. You can also submit feedback using the feedback link on LCR but a stake president concerned about the young adults in his stewardship is likely to carry more weight.

But in the short term rmrichesjr's suggestions might provide some help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Couple Assigned to YSAs in 3 Stakes

Post by russellhltn »

My suggestion is along a different line. If you wait for the requested functionality to appear in LCR, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance you'll have moved on to a new calling before that happens. Since the proper "line of authority" between stakes would be between stake presidencies, I'd suggest passing the request for information to your stake president to pass to his counterpart. Wards tend to respond better to requests from the stake. <grin> Once things are established, it could be done between counselors in the stake presidency.

However, during my stint as a singles clerk, I was left with the impression that inactivity tends to run in families. The low response rate may have more to do with the family than the unit.

Personally, I'd run the "Address unknown" check list. My impression is that you're asked to work with the resources you have and not have to contact people outside of your own stake. I'm sure when the record is sent to CHQ, the family will be contacted by SLC.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”