Non-member Record Number?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brdone

Re: Non-member Record Number?

Post by brdone »

I have a family in my ward where the mother is not a member. How do I get her to show up in the directory? I can't find a place where I can enter her in the system
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

brdone wrote:I have a family in my ward where the mother is not a member. How do I get her to show up in the directory? I can't find a place where I can enter her in the system
Unfortunately, there is no longer a way in the system to display information for those who are not members, with the exception that the name of a husband who is not a member will sometimes display with his member spouse.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:with the exception that the name of a husband who is not a member will sometimes display with his member spouse.
I'd expect that ability to work for either spouse as long as at least one is a member. That switch is controlled at CHQ. There's nothing the local unit can do other than contact Local Unit Support to have it changed. I think the terminology is "unsuppress the non-member spouse".

About all you can find about this in the Help Center is in the Directory Help FAQs under the question "How can I remove my ex-spouse from my household listing?". While it doesn't sound like the same thing, it addresses the issue of a non-member spouse appearing in the directory based on the marriage information on the member spouse's record.

If both parents are non-members, or if you're dealing with a single non-member, I think you're out of luck. I'd go ahead and call just to be sure. But I've never heard of anything like that happening.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”